In 2019, Prof. Škoda was asked by a heat distribution company if it would be possible to replace expensive heat supplies for Prague from the Mělník heating plant. The goal was two-times cheaper heat supply for Prague. We recruited colleagues from CTU and UWB and made a basic technical-economic calculation, which showed that the nuclear power source at the power of 50 MW and above, can beat the price of the then considered gas (in 2019 prices). At that time, the nuclear heating plant project was called MJR-50H and the final heat price was approx. 25 EUR per GJ. During the course of COVID19, we discovered the potential for large heating plants and the TEPLATOR project was created, which still has a heat price of up to 4,25 EUR per GJ. At the beginning of 2023, heat in Prague cost more than 40 EUR per GJ.
prof. Ing. Radek Škoda, Ph.D.
Radek Škoda is a Czech nuclear scientist focusing on nuclear energy working in Prague and Pilsen. He worked at NWU Potchefstroom, BUT Brno and Polytech St. Petersburg. He was the Director of the Nuclear Center at Texas A&M and obtained licenses to operate 3 nuclear reactors. He is currently the director of the Intercontinental Nuclear Institute. In 2021, he became a professor at the UWB Pilsen.
Ing. Jan Škarohlíd, Ph.D.
Jan Škarohlíd is a graduate of postgraduate studies at the Department of Energy at the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering of the Czech Technical University in Prague. He is currently a researcher at the Czech Institute of Informatics, Robotics and Cybernetics, where he is involved in research into advanced nuclear technologies and methods of thermal energy storage. In 2015, he worked at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology.
Ing. David Mašata
David Mašata is a graduate of the Electrical Engineering Faculty of UWB in Pilsen, majoring in Electrical Power Engineering. He currently works here as a researcher and is studying in a doctoral study program. His focus is the use of nuclear sources for heat production.
Ing. Jana Popelová
Jana Popelová is a graduate of the Faculty of Economics and Management in the Czech University of Life Sciences Prague and she is in charge of the project and organizational aspects in TEPLATOR team.
Ing. Tomáš Kořínek, Ph.D.
Tomáš Kořínek is a scientific researcher dealing with thermo-hydraulic calculations. He completed his doctorate at the Technical University of Liberec in the field of applied mechanics. He currently works at CTU in Prague and his focus is on thermo-hydraulics.
Martin Urner is a graduate of the Podorlické educational center in Dobruška. He has been working in the aviation industry for a long time in technical positions. He participates at TEPLATOR as a designer in the 3D application Inventor.
Ing. Jiří Závorka, Ph.D.
Jiří Závorka is a reactor physicist, a graduate of the Faculty of Nuclear and Physical Engineering and the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering of the Czech Technical University in Prague, dealing with calculations of neutron-physical characteristics.
Ing. Jan Schloger
20 years of experience at ZVU Hradec Králové. Designer of pressure vessels and pressure equipment, Head of the design department, technical director. Experience with the design of pressure and non-pressure equipment. Management of projects within the company and in cooperation with other companies. Management of construction projects of new operating units.
Ing. Ondřej Šimek
Ondřej Šimek i a graduate of the Institute of Electrical Power Engineering at the Technical University in Brno, working for a long time as an engineer in the field of design and construction of nuclear facilities.
Ing. Martin Lovecký, Ph.D.
Martin Lovecký is a Czech nuclear scientist focusing on the end part of the fuel cycle working in Pilsen. After studying engineering at the FJFI of the Czech Technical University in Prague, he completed his doctoral studies at the UWB in Pilsen.
Mgr. Zdeněk Novotný
Zdeněk is a graduate of the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics of Charles University. He is currently engaged in consulting and development activities aimed at company management, especially in the areas of process optimization and project management. In the TEPLATOR project, he is in charge of internal and external communication and coordination of activities between cooperating partners.
Written about us
- Jaderné teplo pro Ostravu, olomouc a Zlín, All For Power, 25. 1. 2022
- Český teplátor nabízí změnu výroby tepla, MF Dnes, 27. 4. 2021
- Czech Scientists to Recycle Fuel from Operating Nuclear Power Plants to Use for District Heating, ATW – International Journal for Nuclear Power, 12. 4. 2021
- Ekologické a ekonomická zhodnocení jaderného bezemisního zdroje tepla, All For Power, 9. 4. 2021
- Český jaderný Teplátor nahradí v teplárnách zákázané uhlí, 7. 4. 2021
- Czech researchers develop revolutionary nuclear heating plant, 7. 4. 2021
- Tschechien: Atomkraft im Fernwärmenetz, Deutsche Welle, 30. 3. 2021
- Teplátor zajistí tepelnou energii pro celou republiku na 30 let. ČVUT shání podporu veřejnosti a investice, 28. 3. 2021
- Trpaslík, který může pomoci utéct od uhlí, Seznam Zprávy, 26. 3. 2021
- Případová studie bezemisního dálkového vytápění Prahy, All For Power, 8. 2. 2021
- TEPLATOR – dostupné teplárenství 21. století, 1. 10. 2020
- Řecko: naftemporiki.gr, vradini.gr
- Slovensko: engineering.sk
- Rumunsko: g4media.ro
- Srbsko: rts.rs
- Polsko: cire.pl
- Čína: chinatimes.com
- Turecko: habereguven.com
- Maďarsko: liner.hu
- Bosna: oradio.rs
- Jaderné dny 2020, Radek Škoda
- Konference o Energetické budoucnosti Česka, Equilibrium, 8.3.2021, 2.den, čas: 1:53:35, Radek Škoda
- Podcast Budoucnost R, Radiožurnal, 4.3.2021, Radek Škoda
Articles and Posters
- Nuclear District Heating Solution, Radek Škoda
- Basic Design of the Primary Circuit, Michal Zeman, Plakát
- Basic Design of the Teplator Core – Construction, Jiří Závorka, Plakát
- Basic Economic Study for the Construction and Operation, David Mašata, Plakát
- Thermal Energy Storage for Teplator: Technology, Utilisation And Economics, Jan Škarohlíd, Plakát
- Possible Implementation of Ex-core Measurement in Teplator Graphite Reflector, Eva Vilímová
- Natural Uranium as Alternative Fuel for Teplator, Tomáš Peltan, Plakát
- Residual Heat Dissipation By Energy Storage, Anna Fořtová